[Freeswitch-users] Simultaneous ring out (external)

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Tue Feb 15 16:17:49 MSK 2011

Frank,

  This is easy to do with bridge:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_bridge#Calling_multiple_destinations

  However, one issue you'll likely experience is early audio and
answers.  When calling multiple cell phones, for example, it's very
likely at least one will be out of service, ignored (callee declining
call), etc.  As long as voicemail is active it's a race to see what
answers first - an actual human being or a cell carrier voicemail
system.

  The first thing you can do is pass
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_ignore_early_media to bridge.
 That way you'll only have to worry about actual answers - even if it
is a voicemail system.

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Frank Park <frank at telonium.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Yet another puzzle I've been trying to resolve.
> I have been trying to implement a simultaneous ring group that calls
> multiple external phone numbers (ie cellphones). Similar to call group,
> first person who answers gets the bridging.
> Bridge with commas works well for internal extensions and call groups, but
> it seems like it doesn't like multiple external legs.
> Should I be using something else besides bridge function?
> Thank you,
> Frank
>
> --

> Frank Park