[Freeswitch-users] Gateway with no registration

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Wed Feb 9 23:25:18 MSK 2011

I'd like to setup a gateway with no registration (other end allows by
IP).

<include>
  <gateway name="outbound">
    <param name="username" value="none"/>
    <param name="password" value="none"/>
    <param name="proxy" value="x.x.x.x"/>
    <param name="register-transport" value="udp"/>
    <param name="retry-seconds" value="30"/>
    <param name="caller-id-in-from" value="true"/>
  </gateway>
</include>

As I understand it, the username and password shouldn't matter since
registration is challenge/auth.

What happens is I get a 403 when FreeSWITCH attempts to register (before
any calls are placed), so FreeSWITCH has the gateway marked as
FAIL_WAIT.   Is this proof the other end is requiring registration?  Or
is FS expecting a challenge, getting none and marking the gateway down?

Most of the solutions I've seen for this type of setup involve using a
dialplan rather than a gateway, but my dialplans are served via
mod_xml_curl and expect a functional gateway named "outbound" on the FS
box.   I'd rather not clutter up the xml dialplans with a bunch of
special cases, so a named gateway is preferred.

The problem certainly may lie on the other end (I don't have control of
that system), but I'm not sure how to verify that.

Regards,
Cliff