[Freeswitch-users] How to dial a remote_skypename from a telephone keypad?

mazilo Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Wed Feb 9 20:22:13 MSK 2011

Giovanni Maruzzelli-2 wrote:
> with a SIP phone that allows you to enter alphanumeric destinations,
> you can use something similar to the "skype_uri" described in:
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Skypopen_Skype_Endpoint_and_Trunk#Dialplan.2C_and_how_to_use_Skypopen
If I understood you correctly with the Skype URI as shown below, I should be
able to pick up a telephone handset to dial a number, i.e. 754257,
4711,3019, etc., and the call will be able to reach a Skype user called joe,
marry, ana, etc. respectively (assuming they are also online). Cool.
<!-- dial via SKYPE uri using interface1 interface to go out -->
<extension name="skype_uri">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^skype/(.*)$">
    <action application="bridge" data="skypopen/interface1/$1"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

-----
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men,
but not when used together.