[Freeswitch-users] Using mod_opal with MSN Messenger

Rhosyn rhosyn at purplescarab.com
Mon Feb 7 19:35:31 MSK 2011

Yeah, the modules can be used to talk to many other H.323 devices probably
including (I think)  PBXes, and  H.323 voice/video
endpoints/MCUs/gateways/gatekeepers/VCS etc.
 (made by TANDBERG, Cisco, Polycom, Lifesize, RADVISION and many other
manufacturers)  - but not MSN I'm afraid :-(

I wonder if anyone is interested in writing a mod_msn?

Tough job though as (like mod_skype) it's dealing with a closed proprietary
signalling spec (though, from the IM (but not voice) side, the likes of
Pidgin etc. have done a good job of creating interoperable open source
stack).

Dunno if there's any stacks that are license compatible with FreeSwitch
around?