[Freeswitch-users] Lua Session creation is blocking?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 00:57:34 MSK 2011

The way you expect it to work is not the case.

in embedded scripts when you create a new session you must wait for it
to have media.
The scripts are not asynchronous.  if you want asynchronous you 100% want ESL.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Stephen Wilde <wstephen80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have to port some applications on Freeswitch so I'm doing some preliminary
> learning tests on Lua scripting.
> The result that I would obtain is to have the full control of both inbound
> and originated session and to have under control their state.
> The script I'm running is simply: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/15248
> But its behaviour is not as I expect.
>
> Stephen
>
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Stephen Wilde <wstephen80 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok, 18x will be perfect!
>>> The problem is that when the inbound call is SIP and the originated is
>>> ISDN, the originate doesn't return when a 180 ringing is received (that in
>>> ISDN is an ALERT without in band info).
>>> The originate returns when a 183 (ISDN = in band info available) or 200
>>> (ISDN = CONNECT) is received.
>>> Stephen
>>>

>> Could you tell us a bit more about what you're trying to accomplish? My
>> guess is that there's a better way to do it. In most cases it is not
>> necessary to create a new session inside of a script called from the
>> dialplan.
>> What is the application that you are working on? Who calls whom, etc.
>> -MC

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/