[Freeswitch-users] mod_perl mod_lua

deniro ayhkor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 00:17:47 MSK 2011

Paul and Steve thanks many for your great assistance
have couple of puzzles;

1--
What are these packages for?
 freeswitch-lua  and freeswitch-perl (if I am installing  mod_perl and
mod_lua from source)
I installed them anyway.

2--
I downloaded freeswitch 1.0.6 source with wget
('apt-get source freeswitch'  couldn't find the source)
uncommented lua/perl from modules.conf  and run configure, then
make mod_lua-install
make mod_perl-install

mod_lua installed  without problem
but
make mod_perl-install  had  some errors as below

Creating mod_perl.so...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lperl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gcc -w -DMULTIPLICITY -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN
-fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector -I/usr/local/include
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/lib/perl/5.10/CORE
-DEMBED_PERL -I/usr/src/freeswitch-1.0.6/src/include
-I/usr/src/freeswitch-1.0.6/src/include
-I/usr/src/freeswitch-1.0.6/libs/libteletone/src -fPIC -Werror
-fvisibility=hidden -DSWITCH_API_VISIBILITY=1 -DHAVE_VISIBILITY=1 -g -ggdb
-g -O2 -Wall -std=c99 -pedantic -Wdeclaration-after-statement -D_GNU_SOURCE
-shared -o .libs/mod_perl.so -shared -Wl,-x .libs/mod_perl.o -Wl,-E
-fstack-protector freeswitch_perl.o mod_perl_wrap.o perlxsi.o
/usr/src/freeswitch-1.0.6/.libs/libfreeswitch.so
-L/usr/src/freeswitch-1.0.6/libs/apr-util/xml/expat/lib
/usr/src/freeswitch-1.0.6/libs/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/.libs/libexpat.a
/usr/src/freeswitch-1.0.6/libs/apr/.libs/libapr-1.a -lrt
-L/usr/src/freeswitch-1.0.6/libs/srtp -lncurses -L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/lib/perl/5.10/CORE -lperl -lgdbm -lgdbm_compat -ldb -ldl -lm
-lpthread -lc -lcrypt   -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/freeswitch/lib -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/opt/freeswitch/mod
make[3]: *** [mod_perl.so] Error 1
make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: *** [mod_perl-install] Error 1
make: *** [mod_perl-install] Error 2
what am I missing here? (I have perl installed and freeswitch-perl instaled)

3-- how do I check if any module is installed or not? same for the load,
i.e, any command to check wheether or not it is loaded
if not loaded,  how you load a module (after editing modules.conf.xml what
we do? stop/start freeswitch?)

thx
deniro--