[Freeswitch-users] minimum UDP packet size

Madovsky infos at madovsky.org
Tue Feb 1 18:27:17 MSK 2011

No my question is minimum udp.
usually the max udp packet is around 65000kB,
David was talking about MTU which is different (Max Transmit Unit
which is usually 1500 over the net, but ins some internal network (as my cluster)
I use jumbo frames (9000) with 1GB network cards.
by default linux kernel UDP min packet is set to 4096.
I made some tests, from 1024 to 65000 and the server behavior looks like more
cool when packet is big, but I'm almost sure that it creates also more latency in case
of audio data. I'm finally happy to use exactly the same rate as MTU, performance
seems to be better in multitask.