[Freeswitch-users] micrsoft voip plug in for fax

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Dec 28 08:16:00 MSK 2011

Hi Darcy,

On 12/28/2011 10:21 AM, Darcy wrote:
> It is the one actually funded by microsoft, created by FaxBax
> (www.faxback.com).  I have used it for a few years with other products with
> good success.  I am trying to capture some events the leads to the failure,
> it appears to happen in the handshake process.

So you are talking about using Faxback's VoIP plugin for Microsoft FAX
in T.38 mode, and sending from Microsoft FAX and scan? That should work
OK. Perhaps something has been altered in the negotiation in an
incompatible way. Can you get a pcap file of an exchange with the
Freeswitch server, and we can try to figure out what is going wrong.

If I remember rightly Faxback has a lot of compatibility problems,
because they try to start in T.38 mode, which a lot of VoIP systems
don't like. However, I might be remembering an old problem that went away.

Steve