[Freeswitch-users] Some questions regarding IPs and gateway

georg at riseup.net georg at riseup.net
Thu Dec 22 23:48:42 MSK 2011

Hello,

sorry for all the confusion I did:

> On #1 - is that IP address for a NIC on the FreeSWITCH server itself or do
> you have a firewall and have FreeSWITCH sitting behind it? I think if you
> give us the specific details about your network layout that it would help
> us help you.

Its a IP associated to one nic of the server. No firewall involved. I've
got five nics, with five nets associated:

- eth0 -> 192.168.0.X [using this for cluster-communication]
- eth1 -> 192.168.2.X [using this for cluster-communication]
- eth2 -> static ip, rechable from the internet
- eth3 -> 192.168.1.X [using this for the phones]
- eth4 -> private MPLS net to my provider, using this for the SIP trunk

I would like exclude eth0/eth1/eth2 from the configs. I found the acl.conf
where I'm able to configure netmasks and stuff like this. I will try this,
hope this is correct. Also I will bind FS to 192.168.1.X trough the local
ip setting in vars.xml. Comments?

> For #3 - the -nonat argument is correct for disabling FreeSWITCH's
> "autonat" stuff. Also, the SIP profiles have NAT settings in them that can
> be adjusted. There are two flavors of NAT settings: those for when
> FreeSWITCH itself is behind NAT and those for when the clients connecting
> to FreeSWITCH are behind NAT. If you want an example of a "plain" SIP
> profile then look at conf/sip_profiles/external.xml - it's pretty basic
> and
> assumes that FreeSWITCH itself is not behind NAT.

Allright.

Thanks!

Georg