[Freeswitch-users] Some questions regarding IPs and gateway

georg at riseup.net georg at riseup.net
Thu Dec 22 01:45:25 MSK 2011

Hello all,

I'm a asterisk user, and would like to try FS now. I studied already the
documentation. However, I still got some problems and questions,
any help would be greatly appreciated.

1.) I've got a server with a IP reachable from the open, evil internet. I
would like to disable this IP for FreeSWITCH, so that it's not possible to
contact FreeSWITCH from there. Do I have to change the routing table of
the operating system for this, or is it possible to exclude this ip in FS?

2.) I've got SIP trunk trough a german provider without registration.
Authentication is based on IPs in a MPLS-net. So I set my IP in this net
as the "external ip" in vars.xml
After this, I setup the SIP trunk as a gateway sip-profiles/external.xml
using the IP of the voice-switch of my provider as the proxy value and
setting register to false.
I think I'm still missing something, because sofia_gateway_data on the CLI
is telling me "-ERR Parameter missing". I searched for this problem
already, but found no solution.

3.) I would like to disable NAT completely, because I think I don't need
this (and never used this in Asterisk). Actually there is no NAT involved
in my setup. I achieved this using -nonat at startup. But I'm wondering,
if there isn't a parameter to disable it by default.

4.) I've got another private (192.168.x.x) net connected to my server. All
my phones are in there. So it set the internal ip in sip-profiles/internal
to this. Is this correct?

Thanks and Greetings from Berlin,
Georg