[Freeswitch-users] How to escape double-quote in dialplan and use TTS SSML tags

x.liu x.liu at hw.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 20:20:55 MSK 2011

Thanks, Michael!

Your suggestion works.(there is a typo: !CDATA should be ![CDATA )

And following two ways also work:

<action application="export"><![CDATA[args=<voice
emotion="calm"><emphasis>This is to test our text-to-speech

this one uses single quote for data= and escape double quote:
<action application="speak" data='<voice emotion=\\"calm\\"><emphasis>This
is to test our text-to-speech system. </emphasis></voice>'/>

But it looks like the apostrophe would be removed by FS, e.g.
<action application="speak" data="if I'm wrong, how about Miro's Cantina
Mexicana?"/ >

 From the FS terminal and log I see
     if Im wrong, how about Miros Cantina Mexicana?

Don't know yet how to keep the apostrophe.