[Freeswitch-users] How to escape double-quote in dialplan and use TTS SSML tags

x.liu x.liu at hw.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 17:55:00 MSK 2011

Hi,

I'd like to add SSML tag to my TTS string. I am sure my TTS server
supports these tags.

In this example,

<action application="speak" data="<voice emotion="calm"><emphasis>This
is to test our text-to-speech system. </emphasis></voice>"/>

Whether I use <voice emotion="calm"> or <voice emotion=\"calm\">
FS complains:  unexpected closing tag </voice>

If I use single quote like <voice emotion='calm'>, FS starts ok but TTS
will read out the string of
<voice emotion='calm'>

And I notice that this string is still read out even if it is passed as
double quoted ( <voice emotion="calm"> ) through my ESL app.

Any advices for using SSML in unimrcp TTS string?

Many thanks!

Xing

registered under charity number SC000278.

Heriot-Watt University is the Sunday Times
Scottish University of the Year 2011-2012