[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Logger

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Dec 14 21:02:39 MSK 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Arnuld Uttre (Phonologies) <
arnuld at phonologies.com> wrote:

> > ESL? subscribe to events, or use zeromq or some other way of getting
> them,
> > then log them however you want?
>
> I see I can use command "log debug/info/etc." through telnet (connected
> using ESL). I can get useful logs. Only trouble is I have 10 calls in
> progress and there is no way of knowing which log belongs to which call:
>
> In logfile.conf.xml you can use <param name="uuid" value="true" /> and it
> will print uuid of each call as first thing before every text line being
> send to log file. Is there some kind of similar identification I can use
> in logs coming through ESL  ?

No, there is not. If you absolutely must have the uuid on the log lines
then your best bet is to write your own logger in the vein of mod_syslog.
You can find out how Mathieu added uuid logging to mod_logfile.c by
searching for "log_uuid" - there's not too much to it.

-MC