[Freeswitch-users] Multicast paging group not getting conference audio?

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Sun Dec 11 03:39:51 MSK 2011

It looks to me like you are mixing up the ideas of user vs. extension in
a dialplan.

When you call bridge with data="sofia/" you are telling freeswitch to
use sofia to set up the call. Sofia is trying to initiate a SIP call
based on the other arguments, which will try to do a SIP invite to
3456@$${domain} - probably not what you want. Multicast paging is not
actually SIP, nor is it even a phone call as far as set up, caller ID,
etc. That's why it's done as an application, just like recording or any
other audio stream output.

You could try a loopback bridge - that might do what you want. This will
originate a call back into the dialplan, using the dialplan parts you
already have working.

<action application="bridge" data="loopback/3456/YOUR_CONTEXT/XML"/>