[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail Transcription Roundup

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Wed Dec 7 01:00:12 MSK 2011

I did some investigating and thought I'd share...

Some info on pricing - free (google speech API) to $0.10/minute to
approximately $2.80/minute are the options.
See here: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Transcribing_Voicemail

And.. if you use fusionpbx, you can use the google speech API pretty easily
with my patch from here:
http://wiki.fusionpbx.com/index.php?title=Voicemail#Transcribing_Voicemails_with_google_speech_API

Please share your experience or methods... you can update the wiki page.
I'm not quite sure how to get the voicemail file to the transcription
service with something other than the mailer script in the middle.. unless
you are using ESL or polling the database of VMs and keep track if it's
been processed yet.

-Avi Marcus