[Freeswitch-users] Created new profile for double-natted phones, calling these fails with USER_NOT_REGISTERED

Anthony Cosgrove acosgrov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:04:56 MSK 2011

Alex,

Does FS *have* to be behind a NAT? Are you doing a straight 1:1 from public to private (FS side)? What kind of router/firewall are you using on the FS side and endpoint sides? You'll will probably want to lower the endpoint registration times from the normal default of 1 hour to 180 seconds (3 minutes) or even lower depending on router/firewall. You may also want to turn on keep-alive packets to keep the data flowing in/out. What you are running into is either one or both sides are closing off 5060/udp early, FS is marking the registration as dead.

Best thing to do is to place FS in a DMZ or install a public facing SBC to take the registrations and forward them on to FS internally.

Anthony