[Freeswitch-users] Start FreeSWITCH as a Windows service with -nonat option

Aleš Zelenik ales.zelenik at it-tim.si
Wed Aug 31 13:45:46 MSD 2011

Hello all,

I am having trouble starting fs as a windows service with -nonat option

If I run from command prompt "FreeSwitchConsole -nonat" it works ok, but
I am left with open window in logged-in session.

Command to run as a service is "...path...\FreeSwitchConsole.exe
-service FreeSWITCH", which can be also verified with "sc qc FreeSWITCH"

If I want to add an argument -nonat with command:
sc config FreeSWITCH binPath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeSWITCH
\FreeSwitchConsole.exe -nonat -service FreeSWITCH"

service won't start anymore

also, fs cannot be installed as a service with optional arguments, eg
FreeSwitchConsole -install -nonat

Anyone managed to run fs like this?

Thanks,
--