[Freeswitch-users] Calling FMS with mod_rtmp

Mathieu Rene mrene_lists at avgs.ca
Wed Aug 31 14:54:00 MSD 2011

Hi,

RTMP is the protocol we support. We do NOT support RTMFP (which is the udp-based heavily crypted and obfuscated peer to peer protocol that goes with the recent flash players).

Right now we only have a server mode RTMP handler so you would need to connect to FS from FMS using NetConnection/NetStream like you would do on the client. You also need to call a few functions to authenticate and make a call so that you actually play something, those are the same as the sample flex client included in the freeswitch tree (everything in the sample is done in javascript and the function calls are proxied to freeswitch through the flash player).

You essentially need login and makeCall, then as soon as you playback something you'll get the audio from the call (we only support one active call per RTMP connection: you can have calls on hold and do three-ways, but only one audio stream will be active).

Mathieu Rene
Avant-Garde Solutions Inc
Office: + 1 (514) 664-1044 x100
Cell: +1 (514) 664-1044 x200