[Freeswitch-users] AMR transcoding

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Aug 28 19:39:57 MSD 2011

On 08/28/2011 10:51 PM, curriegrad2004 wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Do you have any proof to back this up? Because if not it just sounds
> like a bunch of FUD to me.
In what way is this FUD? Voice Age do not claim to represent everyone
with a patent relevant to the codes they have pools for. From experience
we know more about the handling of the G.729 codec. Voice Age says they
represent most of the relevant patent holders. They point you to a
couple of the others, which they don't represent. If you use more than
the basic features of G.729 you will find lawyers letters arriving about
patents Voice Age didn't mention.
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 3:30 AM, Steve Underwood<steveu at coppice.org>  wrote:

>>> Did you try calling Voice Age? you should discuss this with them.
>> Be warned. Voice Age may not properly inform you about patents outside
>> their pool. This is understandable, if you think about it. To do so
>> would be expressing an opinion about a possibly touchy legal issue.
>>
>> Steve

Steve