[Freeswitch-users] Start Conference with first user

Mitja Thomas mitja.thomas1 at ewetel.de
Fri Aug 26 17:41:16 MSD 2011

Hello List,

I try to start a conference in mod_conference when the first member
attempts to join. This may sound weird, but the conference is set to
wait for the moderator anyhow and I want to use the enter-sound to play
something like "There is currently no Moderator in this room. Please
hold the line". If the moderator joins, the enter-sound setting will be
set to none from dialplan. I thought I just have to NOT set the mintwo
member flag, but that didnt do the trick.
When the first member (no moderator) join there is no enter-sound, just
the moh file. When the second member joins (no moderator) both get the
enter-sound.
I thought there was a bug with the mintwo flag and I was close to submit
to JIRA because of that, but looking further into the code Im not sure
if the mintwo flag is even supposed to behave the way I want to. It just
kills the conference when less then two users are in it.

So what I want to know, am I expecting the wrong behaviour from the
mintwo member flag? If so, is there a different approach to tell the
conference users right at the beginning if there is a moderator present
or not.

Regards,

Mitja