[Freeswitch-users] Session ends unexpectedly during record dial plan usage

Adam Kelloway adam.kelloway at newpace.ca
Thu Aug 25 22:55:34 MSD 2011

Hi there,

I have a freeswitch installation that I can make sip calls to to listen
to IVR menus. The sessions last as long as either side does not hang up.
The exception to this is when I use the 'record' dial plan tool. The sip
session ends unexpectedly after about 32+ seconds into the recording.
This happens every time I use the record tool. Note that I have set the
maximum message length to 120 seconds, so this shouldn't be coming into
play here (and shouldn't affect the session anyway).

Has anyone ever experienced this, and do you have any suggestions as to
what might be the cause?

Note that there is no NAT involved here. There are also no Expires or
Session-Expires header(s) in the sip INVITE or response that would
affect the length of the session. Indeed, the same type of session can
continue indefinitely until about 32+ seconds after I invoke the record
dial plan tool.

Thanks,

Adam