[Freeswitch-users] ESL Inbound - what would be the best known way to wait in XML dialplan for any command execution via ESL?

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Aug 25 12:06:30 MSD 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Anton VG <anton.vazir at gmail.com> wrote:
> PS. Outbound ESL showed itself as a terribly bad scaling solution if
> implemented in python...

What?

I don't mean to troll here, but what does the language (in this case,
Python) have to do with scaling Oubound ESL? Any long-running process
is going to be able to handle the setup and teardown of TCP
connections without much trouble.

One could foul up ESL (in or out) in any language, and maybe you've
see it done poorly in Python, but I'd have to hear/see more before
accepting that it's a particularly bad choice.

I'd love to understand better where you are coming from, if you'd care to share.

Best,
Gabe