[Freeswitch-users] Making Freeswitch listen on 2 IP addresses

Pete Kelly pkelly at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 11:30:45 MSD 2011

Hi

Is it possible to make freeswitch listen on more than one IP for requests
within the same profile?

I would like to assign a VIP to a pair of freeswitch boxes, for the purposes
of failover if one of the boxes should fail or go down. The VIP can then be
used by web applications which have to send XMLRPC requests to freeswitch.

In addition I would like each of the boxes to listen on their "normal" eth0
IP too, so systems like opensips which support load balancing can evenly
distribute load across the two boxes.

My profile.xml file currently has this entry:

<param name="sip-ip" value="$${local_ip_v4}"/>

So I can't see how freeswitch can be told to listen on more than one IP for
a profile.

Is this possible?