[Freeswitch-users] Best tabletop conference phone

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Aug 19 05:14:47 MSD 2011

On 08/19/2011 01:57 AM, Luis F Urrea wrote:
> Well unfortunately the 9 months were not that satisfactory. We had
> issues with the phone dialing digits twice and no firmware image was
> able to correct that.
>
> For a  $600+ phone I guess they indeed would expect to be able to dial
> without hassles and something more that 1 year of use, but yes they
> may indeed be a little picky.
>
> As a systems integrator I only had 1 conference phone deployed and be
> hearing from your customer every other week that the phone is dialing
> digits twice and get no support at all from the manufacturer and
>  after 9 months of use be dealing with RMA is not exactly thrilling.
>
> Now Snom 300 series, rock solid! I have 150> deployed for more than 2
> years and so far just a couple of RMAs top and a couple of handsets
> replaced, that is the kind of experience that I would mention as
> enjoyable.
>
> The 800 series is still giving me headaches but I assume the firmware
> will get better with time.

That makes more sense.

Others have mentioned the Polycom IP7000. There is also an IP6000. These
are pretty much in the industry standard for desktop conferencing
phones. If you are not looking for something real cheap, they are the
ones to look at. Some other makes of conferencing phone (e.g. Cisco) are
just the Polycoms relabelled.

Steve