[Freeswitch-users] Dynamically switching DTMF mode?

Dmitry Sytchev kbdfck at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:00:11 MSD 2011

About passing it through, and detecting.

We use Linksys PAP2T which has troubles with RFC2833 conversion. Small parts
of inband DTMF leaked into audio channel when it converts DTMF to 2833. And
then, when RFC2833 part is delayed by bind_digit_action or bind_meta_app in
FS, PSTN gateway connected via external profile converts it back to inband
from rfc2833, but inband parts are already passed through to PSTN. This
leads to double/triple/nightmare DTMF on PSTN side. Situation getting worse
if there were several transfers with att_xfer, so multiple channels are in
chain and delay is getting bigger and bigger.

To solve this, we will use inband DTMF on customer devices, detect it in FS
with start_dtmf and pass to PSTN gateway. But in order to accomplish this, I
need to maintain clear inband DTMF path between multipel channels and
profiles in FS, including channels created by calls to att_xfer.

So I need to disable RFC2833 for external gateway according to internal
endpoint type on inbound calls from external profile and conversely.

I'm looking for right way to do this, and will appreciate any help.

2011/8/18 Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org>

> Are you talking about sending DTMFs or detecting DTMFs?
> -MC
>
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Dmitry Sytchev <kbdfck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I'm trying to achieve dynamic DTMF mode on incoming/outgoing calls. I have
>> three profiles - one for outgoing/incoming calls to/from gateways, one for
>> local registrations, and one for transferred call rerouting from
>> bind_meta_app att_xfer. I faced some strange problems when tried to maintain
>> inband DTMF path for call through FS.
>>
>> How should I set initial DTMF modes on profiles to allow changing DTMF
>> mode on inbound calls? Is it enough to set dtmf_type to 'inband' and
>> originate call? On which leg of call I should do this? And what to do with
>> calls going through several profiles?
>>
>> As far as I understand, I need late negotiation turned on to disable
>> automatic RFC2833 negotiation on inbound calls?
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Dmitry Sytchev,
>> IT Engineer