[Freeswitch-users] Limit number of voicemails

Sascha Daniels sascha.daniels at amooma.de
Wed Aug 3 13:14:07 MSD 2011

Hi together.

Am 02.08.2011 21:07, schrieb Michael Collins:
> This is actually better than limiting the number of messages since you
> can control actual disk space. (One REALLY long message will take more
> disk space than five really short ones.)

I need to do both, because I have to guarantee that a User can not use
more X mb for voicemail.

If I only limit the length, a bad boy could leave thousands of messages ...

> However, in the interests of actually answering the question, and
> demonstrating that with FreeSWITCH anything is possible, here is a
> simple dialplan trick that will allow you to limit the number messages:
>
> <extension name="check vm box limit" continue="true">
>   <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(10[01][0-9])$"
> break="never">
>     <action application="set" data="dialed_extension=$1"/>
>     <action application="set" data="dest_user=$1@${domain}"
> inline="true"/>
>     <action application="set" data="box_count=${vm_boxcount
> ${dest_user}}" inline="true">
>     <action application="log" data="INFO User ${dest_user} has
> ${box_count} message(s)"/>
>   </condition>
>
>   <condition field="${expr below(${boxcount},{$max_count})"
> expression="^1$">
>     <action application="voicemail" data="${domain} ${dialed_extension}"/>
>     <anti-action application="playback"
> data="voicemail/vm-mailbox_full.wav"/>
>   </condition>
> </extension>

That's what I was looking for!

Thanks a lot.

I will give feedback, as soon as possible.

Greets

                Sascha

--
AMOOMA GmbH - Bachstr. 124 - 56566 Neuwied  -->  http://www.amooma.de
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer, Handelsregister Montabaur B14998

Bücher: http://das-asterisk-buch.de - http://ruby-auf-schienen.de