[Freeswitch-users] NEW skypopen installer and easy Skype client download, Skype calls on FreeSWITCH in one minute

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Sat Apr 30 20:40:37 MSD 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Anton VG <anton.vazir at gmail.com> wrote:
> the kernel module provides just a sound device? So it means version of

The kernel module is a fake OSS audio driver and device.
> skype needed is the same, just OSS one can be used instead?

No, you need the Skype client for OSS. Is downloaded and installed
automatically by the installer. (or you can look into the installer
and see where you can download it).

> Any other pros, like less CPU usage, or other for oss version?

I found less CPU usage, better stability, and no overhead from ALSA.

> btw, any info on the biggest known skypopen installation, like 10
> running clients, 100 clients, or more?

I always test with 20 concurrent clients (I registered 20
skypeusernames before the registration procedure has become so
burdening as today). I will test soon or later with more (maybe also
many more) but the very boring thing is that you need many different
Skype username for testing. I mean: you can have a server that has 100
instances of the same skypeusername (let's say Bob), but the incoming
calls must come from Alice, Adam, etc...

So I will need to find the patience to register with the skype network
let's say 100 skypeusernames to test 100 concurrent calls.

Another way to test would be to have a skypeusername with some credit
for skypeout, and use let's say 100 instances to call skypeout on
PSTN.

Any other ideas on how to proceed for scalability tests?

-giovanni

--
Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli