[Freeswitch-users] RFC2833 and beeps

Dmitry Sytchev kbdfck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:03:28 MSD 2011

This is called talkoff and there are countermeasures in hardware like
Linksys PAP2T/SPA8000. DTMF mode can be set to 'Strict', and Strict Holdoff
TIme to 80-90.
After that DTMF will not be triggered by voice, but inband digits muting to
convert to RFC2833 will work less reliable, so there can be DTMF artifacts
as in our case.

2011/4/30 Boris Kovalenko <boris at tagnet.ru>

> Hello!
>
>     My network configuration:
> Linksys SPA8000 -> FS -> Cisco 5350 -> PSTN
> FS: FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.head (git-1c95ad9 2011-01-20 22-43-50 -0300)
> Sometimes, when an user (female) on the Linksys speaks, on the other end
> (PSTN) there are "beeps" like DTMF. After googling I found that this
> problem is reproducable on some types of hardware where the female
> russian voice is incorretly recognized as DTMF. So may I do  some
> workaround with FS? For example to disable RFC2833 on Linksys and use
> start_dtmf before bridge?
>
> --
> С уважением,
>   Борис Коваленко