[Freeswitch-users] Call quality issues

Eric Beard eric at loopfx.com
Fri Apr 29 21:10:19 MSD 2011

It seems to be a CPU issue.

I started from scratch today with a new machine, same exact hardware, and I am running 20 calls at less than 1% CPU, with perfect audio quality (same as the bad machine before it went bad).

On the bad machine, 20 calls causes the CPU to be at 20%, and quality is shaky.  30 calls and it's terrible.  Only the freeswitch process is eating CPU.

I have diffed the conf folders and everything is the same.  This is driving me nuts.  I have no idea  what I did to that machine to ruin the performance.

Eric Z. Beard, CTO
Loop LLC
w (877) 850-2010 x9249
m (727) 776-2768