[Freeswitch-users] Script para chequear un numero de destino

Ariel Monaco arielmonaco at flylabs.com
Fri Apr 29 03:15:04 MSD 2011

Let's make clear that this is not a limitation in Lua. You can also use Lua to connect to the Event Socket.

Go to libs/esl and type 'make luamod'

What you seem to be talking about is Mod_Lua and not the programming language iself.

My 2 cents,

On Apr 28, 2011, at 18:18 , Michael Collins wrote:

> 2011/4/28 João Mesquita <jmesquita at freeswitch.org>
> Hello Juan,
>
> By the Ibañez, I would assume you're also a spanish speaking person?
>
> IMHO, ESL and LUA for small scale applications is a matter of preference. They can accomplish the same. I do not program in LUA very well, so I normally prefer ESL, but I take it can be a bit more tricky since you need to control the full call flow.
>
> On the other hand, if you are talking about massive IVRs and such, I would definitely suggest ESL since you can run it on another box and leave all the processing power to freeswitch where freeswitch is hosted. LUA cant to that, it needs to run on the same box and you mix the logic where CPU is very sensitive.
>
> Does that make it clearer for you?
>
> Fernando, como estamos con la lectura? En que mas te puedo ayudar?
>
> Regards,
> João Mesquita
>

> I agree with J. Lua is a great choice for doing simple things from the dialplan. Even basic IVRs can be done effectively with dialplan scripts in Lua. However, if you need to scale, or if your program needs to be able to react to system events, then ESL is probably the way to go. The good news about going with ESL is that there is quite literally nothing that a Lua dialplan script can do that an ESL program cannot. The only real difference is that Lua dp scripts are simpler and more limited than an ESL-based program.
>
> -MC

Ariel Monaco – Systems Engineer
Flylabs - Open Source Telecommunications and  IT Consultants

Address: Potosí 4456 C1199ACP - Buenos Aires - Argentina
Web: http://flylabs.com
E-Mail: arielmonaco at flylabs.com
Tel. +54 (11) 4982-2689, +1 (315) 688-7333