[Freeswitch-users] Python vs LUA

Nicolas Brenner nico at clickfono.com
Wed Apr 27 13:58:18 MSD 2011

After having used Javascript and Lua for scripting in FreeSWITCH, I would
recommend using ESL for anything serious. There are many advantages to using
ESL instead of a script inside FreeSWITCH, but the main one for me was
easier call control, especially when doing asynchronous stuff. I believe
there's a Python version of the ESL library, so you shouldn't have much
trouble getting started.