[Freeswitch-users] Tuning Up Freeswitch

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 11:50:13 MSD 2011

On 27/04/11 01:24, Ariel Monaco wrote:
> We had high CPU utilization peaks in the past, which lead to some
> audio issues (clipping). We were using debian at that time, which
> was a customer-side requirement.
>
> I'm not a kernel guru but I remember this had something to do with
> kernel timer cycles and the issue was address by adding "divider=10"
> or "divider=100" as a kernel's boot loader option.

Interesting. This kernel option is designed to reduce the valy of
CONFIG_HZ at run=time, so if you have a 1000Hz kernel, setting
divider=10 at boot time will effectively give you a 100Hz kernel.

This seems to fly in the face of other recommendations on this kernel
setting!

Debian default kernel sets CONFIG_HZ=100
CentOS default kernel sets CONFIG_HZ=1000

Regards,