[Freeswitch-users] absolute_codec_string question

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Mon Apr 25 20:06:30 MSD 2011

On 25/04/11 16:22, Nicolas Brenner wrote:
> I'm trying to force the use of a specific codec when originating a call from
> the command line.

>    m=audio 17054 RTP/AVP 0 8 98 18 101 13

>    m=audio 24894 RTP/AVP 0 101 13

> And it doesn't matter the value I give to the absolute_codec_string, I will
> get the same SDP, except if I specify SPEEX, then I'll get the same SDP as
> the one above. Am I missing something, or is this the way it's supposed to
> work?

Looks okay to me. Perhaps you are not looking at the m=audio line in the
SDP which you will is different - this reflects the difference in the
offered codecs.

You might be expecting to see all of the codecs itemised in the a=fmtp
lines - this is known as verbose-sdp and is disabled by default.

Have a look at:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_verbose_sdp

Regards,