[Freeswitch-users] Ringback while NOT YET bridging to leg B

David Ponzone david.ponzone at ipeva.fr
Fri Apr 22 06:04:21 MSD 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to achieve something weird, I admit.
I would need to receive a call from A, then wait X seconds before bridging to B, but I'd like to send back a ringback to A while sleeping X seconds.
The point is to allow customers to have a nice ringback, which the beginning of HAS to be heard by callers (like an announce in a call-center).

A (ugly) way to do that would be to have 2 sound files: one to be played when answering with playback, and then another one for the ringback. I would then not use sleep at all, but the bridge would only happen when the first file is over, achieving quite the same result.
The drawback of this is that I need to ask customers for 2 sound files, and that can be a pain with most of them.

I tried all combinations I could think of with ringback, instant_ringback, with no luck.

Any ideas ?

David Ponzone  Direction Technique
email: david.ponzone at ipeva.fr
tel:      01 74 03 18 97
gsm:   06 66 98 76 34

Service Client IPeva
tel:      0811 46 26 26
www.ipeva.fr  -   www.ipeva-studio.com

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération. IPeva décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire immédiatement et d'avertir l'expéditeur.