[Freeswitch-users] Loading xml.so

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:16:01 MSD 2011

FYI 1.0.7 remains unreleased it means GIT HEAD.  There is no 1.0.7

If you want to avoid doing this then you have to end this conversation
because reproducing an issue on GIT HEAD is a strict requirement for
help.  We have a big community and a small number of developers so we
need to normalize the codebase to the latest version when debugging.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Roger Castaldo
<roger.castaldo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using 1.0.7, I tend to avoid straight from trunk builds.  As far as the
> xml modules being loaded, the only one being loaded is dialplan_xml.  All
> the other modules are disabled and were not compiled into the system as I
> have no intention of using them.  I will try and do a gcore dump to see what
> is trying to load the xml.so when I have a chance.
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Do a gcore to generate a coredump of the process while it is still
>> running. If you load that into gdb and get a backtrace it might show the
>> culprit.
>>
>> What version are you on? Have you tried the latest got head? If not, it's
>> possible it's a bug that is already fixed.
>>
>> > freeswitch/mod/xml.so
>>
>> That sounds wrong. Check your modules.conf.xml file in your config. Is it
>> trying to load a module named xml? (there is no such module, but there is
>> mod_xml_curl, mod_xml_cdr etc
>>
>> Steve on iPhone
>>
>> On 18 Apr 2011, at 14:37, Roger Castaldo <roger.castaldo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi I have a freshly compiled install of freeswitch that appears to be
>> > working, but the cpu is sitting at 100% with it doing nothing, no logging
>> > messages, nothing.  I ran some tests and tried to reload xml to see if there
>> > was a configuration error and it throws a critical message saying
>> > "/freeswitch/mod/xml.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>> > directory".  I have double checked my configurations and there should not be
>> > any loading of this that I can see, but the file is missing in the mod
>> > directory and I cannot seem to find a reference of it in the source.  I am
>> > not sure if this is where my issue is with the application but I think this
>> > is a good start, to find out why it was not compiled in and what is using
>> > the library.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/