[Freeswitch-users] frame per packet

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 00:04:40 MSD 2011

AFAIK, a rtp packet *is* a frame, so no you can't.

As the other poster said, use a higher ptime. That will make the frame store a longer period of time which will do the same as that you want.

Overhead will be lower, but quality will be worse if you drop packets or they fail to arrive in a timely manner. That's very likely on gsm, and the packet size will mean it takes longer to be delivered which'll mean more delay and probably more packets arriving too late. You'll need to experiment to find a good balance. And remember what works well in a city might fail to work in the country where coverage is poorer.

Steve on iPhone