[Freeswitch-users] Beep on hold

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 00:38:45 MSD 2011

Hold music can be set using the hold_music channel variable:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#hold_music

One option is that you could either create a music file that contains a beep
followed by 10s of silence (I believe it loops so just record a single
pass). Wave would be best as any other format will require the additonal
step of decoding the file before sending it to the client, which'd use more
CPU.

The other option is to use Tonestream (
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Tone_stream) to generate a stream that
contains a beep and 10s of silence which loops.

-Steve