[Freeswitch-users] Relay Proxy-Authentication requests to the caller

Dave Horton dave at dchorton.com
Thu Apr 14 22:18:25 MSD 2011

In my case, I am trying to use it as a simple transcoding server.  And the rich media support of codecs, and the ease of managing multiple sip profiles and setting up a back-to-back user agent scenario lend themselves quite well to the task IMO.  I don't think the other solutions handle media or transcoding at all (correct me if I'm wrong) so trying to build the solution using those platforms would actually leave quite a lot of heavy lifting to do.

I have built a lot of SIP apps over the past 10 years, on a lot of different networks, and I have found that it is critical to be able to tweak SIP headers to make these interop.  I wish it weren't the case, but it has been and still remains so.  FS seems to only allow true custom headers (e.g., X- headers) to be manipulated at this level, and I find it to be a shortcoming.