[Freeswitch-users] "Nets" Capability

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Thu Apr 14 21:32:10 MSD 2011

I've not used conferences terribly much, but I think this is how you'll have
to use it.

First: freeswitch has flags on the conferences - you can set members to be
deaf (can't hear), mute (can't speak) or both (among other things)
Second: I think you'll have to create your nets, and then.. each user will
need his own conference, otherwise, he could only be in one conference at a
time. Then, you would use some ESL-foo or something like "bind_digit_action"
to let them choose to join a net, and to modify the talking to each net
(e.g. by un/setting the deaf for each of the conferences). (You'd have to
bridge each conference into his own, too, so he could hear/speak). Actually,
I'm not really sure how you'd handle the speaking.. how to choose which to
speak to, and how to make sure he can hear, but they won't feed back into
the conference..

This sounds a bit messy, and I'd be interested if there was another way to
do it.

-Avi