[Freeswitch-users] Problem with switch_core_session_send_dtmf()--no event generated, no DTMF found in channel?

Frankie Yiu frankie.k.yiu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:55:28 MSD 2011

Hi there,

New to FreeSWITCH and hope someone here can answer my question.

I am calling the following function during a call:

1) switch_dtmf_t dtmf = { '*', switch_core_default_dtmf_duration(0), 0};
2) switch_status_t dtmfStatus = switch_core_session_send_dtmf(curSession,
&dtmf);     < return SUCCESS >
3) switch_size_t iDTMF =
switch_channel_has_dtmf(switch_core_session_get_channel(oDataFrameInfo.strSession));
< return 0 >

I am assuming after #2, I should get DTMF event and #3 should return 1,
however I do not get any of those

Could someone please tell me what is wrong with my code or if there is bug
in freeSWITCH code?

Thanks in avance.

Frankie