[Freeswitch-users] Calling card test

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Apr 11 20:21:52 MSD 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 7:10 AM, alex pappas <rebel.pappas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nothing wrong with nibblebill. I'm trying to simulate an existing system
> and I need to start everything from scratch. That's why I'm asking about how
> I can have performance with Freeswitch.

Scripting right from the dialplan has a lower barrier to entry but will not
scale as well as using outbound event socket. If I were in your shoes I
would roll up my sleeves and learn ESL. Pick your favorite language. ESL has
bindings for:
C/C++
Perl
PHP
Python
Ruby
TCL

I highly recommend getting the FreeSWITCH book and reading chapter 9. Of
course, chapters 1 through 6 are also important for getting a foundation for
using FreeSWITCH, but chapter 9 has a lot of solid information about using
the event socket and ESL.

Note: you asked about using inbound vs. outbound event socket. If I
understand your situation correctly you need to handle the case where an
outside party calls in to your FS server. This means you need outbound event
socket. (See the 'socket' dp tool on the wiki.)

Enjoy!
-MC