[Freeswitch-users] Recommended SIP IP Wifi Handsets?

Victor Chukalovskiy victor.chukalovskiy at utoronto.ca
Fri Apr 1 04:33:09 MSD 2011

Hi Mike,

A bit off-topic but here are my 50 cents:

-Did you consider building a wireless bridge with a $40 WiFi router
running DD-WRT/Tomato/OpenWRT etc?
This way you can plug wired phones into LAN ports of the "bridge" and
the router will bridge them to your main access point.
Asus WL-520GU will work and is really cheap.

-If you go with WiFi you should only use WPA or WPA2.
Less secure options (WEP :-) ) make all conversations accessible to public.

Regards,
Victor