[Freeswitch-users] Codec question: about the G729 codec

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 09:38:37 PDT 2010

NO NO NO NO it won't.

Just because it's from the ITU does NOT mean it's licensed. It is not
legal to use it unless you've obtained licenses in some way, which is
extremely unlikely.

It will not replace mod_g729 and it is less optimised than mod_com_g729.

If you require transcoding, use either mod_com_g729 or one of the
hardware cards from Sangoma.

-Steve