[Freeswitch-users] where to put perl code to add cdr info

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Sep 24 17:54:54 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 1:29 AM, <covici at ccs.covici.com> wrote:

> OK, thanks for that -- so am I correct that the XML will appear as
> standard input to the script?  And I guess I will have to write out the
> .csv myself which will be a pain, but its really convenient to have
> that.

I think it depends on your environment but yes, usually it comes in via
STDIN. You are probably better off using CGI.pm than manually hacking the
input. Since this question has come up more than once I created a simple
Perl CGI script that gets called from a Web server. More info here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_cdr#Example_CGI_Script

Tinker with that and see if it helps you with handling your CDRs.
-MC