[Freeswitch-users] Openzap rxgain and txgain not working well

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 07:49:06 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you are getting a placebo effect because wanpipe module does
> not even have a param to control gain.  only the zaptel (zt) i/o
> module does.

In fact, I added that in software. So now is independent from the I/O
settings.

His problem is setting the parameters *after* the channel declarations.

[span wanpipe telus1]
trunk_type => T1
b-channel => 1:1-23
d-channel => 1:24
rxgain => 11.0
txgain => 7.0

The tx and rx gains parameters must be before.

[span wanpipe telus1]
trunk_type => T1
rxgain => 11.0
txgain => 7.0
b-channel => 1:1-23
d-channel => 1:24

The config parser needs to be improved to read the whole span settings
before applying it to channels so it does not depend on the order, but until
that is done, that's the way it works.

Also, openzap is deprecated, as far as I am concerned, so if something else
does not work, move on to freetdm before complaining here :-)

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | NEW 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R
9R6 Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com