[Freeswitch-users] limits on text to speech output length

Daniel Neubert daniel.neubert at solomo.de
Thu Sep 23 15:19:41 PDT 2010

  Hi,

instead of calling swift directly you can consider calling it via an
MRCP server like UniMRCP.

It's all free software and works like a charm in my setup. I'm using
mod_unimrcp on our FreeSWITCH servers and am running UniMRCP as a server
on a single node that is our dedicated speech server.

That scenario also offloads the task of speech generation to another
machine to save resources on the FreeSWITCH nodes. If you use other
cepstral languages than english you need to manually patch the sources.

Daniel