[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail not to announce extension number

mazilo Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Thu Sep 23 10:05:12 PDT 2010

Anthony Minessale wrote:

> unfortunately it does
>
>   <macro name="voicemail_play_greeting">
>     <input pattern="^(.*)$">
>       <match>
>         <action function="play-file" data="voicemail/vm-person.wav"/>
>         <action function="say" data="${destination_number}"
> method="pronounced" type="name_spelled"/>
>         <action function="play-file"
> data="voicemail/vm-not_available.wav"/>
>       </match>
>     </input>
>   </macro>
>
> I just modified mine to test it and it says the called destination
> number in place of the voice box when i do this. Exactly like I
> explained.
Anthony,

Thanks for the above clarification. As I mentioned in my OP, my FS is v1.0.6
and VM still announces the XXXX (4-digits) extension numbers when replacing
$1 with ${destination_number}.

Anyway, I resolved the issue using ${sip_to_user} instead of
${destination_number}. For my FS system, I took an additional step to modify
the vm-person.wav file. This way, when VM annouces the message, the caller
will only hear The person at (instead of The person at extension) + the
trunk numbers the caller tried to reach + the rest messages. To me, this
approach is way simpler than going through all the recording process
suggested by
http://freeswitch-users.2379917.n2.nabble.com/user/UserNodes.jtp?user=80550
Milena-2-2  as shown on his
http://freeswitch-users.2379917.n2.nabble.com/Voicemail-not-to-announce-extension-number-tp5557230p5560136.html
post  above.

-----
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men,
but not when used together.