[Freeswitch-users] G723-Wrong ptime

gamalsa gamalsa at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 18 17:56:17 PDT 2010

when setting g723_1 at 30i in the external sip profile of the provider, same
behaviour.
when set in the vars.xml, the call doesn't complete and got error
[incompatible destination]

I think g.723 is working only in 120 ms ptime (don't know why)

and from my other post >>

I post an earlier topic about wrong ptime in g723.
However after going into more troubleshooting, I found that FS uses only
p-time 120 ms
no matter what, even when calling internal extension or voice mail in FS
using g.723 it uses always p-time
120 ms.

The g.723 module loads fine with 30, 60, 90, and 120 ms, so I have no
explanation of whats going wrong.

Please Help..

Thanks

Update: looking into FS source files ( mod_g723_1.c ) can't find g723.h or
g729.h
not in the source tree of freeswitch ...
might be the problem ! I don't know