[Freeswitch-users] Problems with FAX transmission

Jan Riedinger riedinger at sns.eu
Fri Sep 17 09:50:52 PDT 2010

  Hello All Together,

I tried to set t38_passthru=true in the dialplan, but fax transmission
is still not working. Now INVITE SDP (t38) is passed through, but e. g.
the response  200 OK SDP (t38) is  not passed.

Just one hint, if you compare "Fax trace2.tif" with the trace of my last
e-mail: I'm not sure, if I made both traces with exactly the same setup,
because I tested with various carriers, but I observe similiar behaviour
with all of them.

Another hint was to set <action application="set"
data="proxy_media=true"/>. In the Wiki I found "Proxy media is really a
special hack that should only be used for T.38 passthrough. If you are
using it for other purposes, think about it some more...". Do you think
it is reasonable to use this setting for a common purpose wholesale switch?

Thank you in advance
             Jan