[Freeswitch-users] wiki page about video conference set up in freeswitch

John Hermanski John.Hermanski at dialogic.com
Fri Sep 17 09:02:09 PDT 2010

Hi,

A few comments on using the Diastar demo on demo.projectdiastar.org:

All you need to access it is a SIP phone.  Valid video codecs are H.263, H.264 and MPEG4. If your phone is behind a NAT firewall, you will likely need to set a STUN server such as stun.ekiga.net to get the media through to the phone's NAT'd IP address.  I don't believe X-Lite has the option to use STUN.  Also, XLite does not dial by IP address, so you need to go through a SIP registrar, or do something like set the outbound proxy used by the phone to demo.projectdiastar.org and dial one of the extensions used by the demo.  (300, 500, 600)  The free Kapanga softphone may be a better choice.

If you want to try the Diastar server with FreeSwitch yourself, we are at the point of having a beta version of a FreeSwitch client available.  You can get it here:

svn checkout svn://svn.projectdiastar.org/diastar/trunk/clients/freeswitch

The latest release of the Diastar server should be used with the FreeSwitch client:

http://pub.projectdiastar.org/iso/releases/

Thx,

John